Unlink or delete my PNID

Im selling my old 3ds and upgrading, but the buyer specified i leave it modded. I just want to remove my pnid so they dont have access to like my mii and stuff. I dont mind deleting and remaking the ID either, but the console gives me errors.

i made the ID just now to test stuff and forgot about the absence of a log out button. I like the ID I used though so kinda annoying.

There are numerous topics that also discuss this issue.
Some of these topics include:

and…

These may ask the same question, so I would advise you now and in the future to search up these kinds of topics when they are already out there, instead of creating your own. Looking into these topics may help you find what you need.

Hey @MarioSox, I appreciate your effort in finding similar topics! I do think this question is a bit different though - @JustAjudhia would link to unlink their account from their console, while those topics are about deleting a PNID on the server side without signing in to a console.

This post from Jon might be more relevant.

I think that doing a factory reset before selling the console is the best option in this case, since your console will still be modded after the factory reset and it will get rid of any personal data. Luma3DS and GodMode9 will still be installed, you’ll just need to reinstall your homebrew CIAs (which should be easy).

2 Likes

To answer this question from a PM,

So, since Nintendo could do it, it should be possible for us to as well. As far as I know, this process hasn’t been fully reverse-engineered yet, unfortunately. Once it is, I think it would be great to have this as an option on the website so you can unlink whenever you want to.

2 Likes