It would be very cool if Pretendo revived the extremely obscure version of Damae Channel for Wii U

This is an extremely obscure version of the channel that I have practically not heard of other than mentions in wikis, or videos.

It is so dark that finding images has already been very difficult for me. I had to look up the name of the channel using the Japanese alphabet to obtain more information.

This is the official page of the channel on the Nintendo website:

It’s just a silly idea, but after seeing what Wiilink did, I thought it would be fun to propose it.

Time to order pizza from my gamepad lol

7 Likes

Not gonna lie, it would be really cool to have the Wii U version ported too, but there’s just no point honestly considering you can go into the Wii mode and access the Food Channel from there.

2 Likes

im actually working on a revival on it, however it was put on hold, but it did work on actual Wii U hardware before, if people are interested, i might give it another shot, however, id still need pretendos 3rd party auth to authenticate with services tokens

so not for a good while

6 Likes

but my gamepad pizza… :<

2 Likes

you really should give it another shot! maybe you could even get the pretendo devs to make it a part of pretendo :eyes:

1 Like

But you need businesses to ship food!

The channel requests an order from the company, kind of like how the Wii version does it.

ah so that’s how sensor bar pizza works and how gamepad pizza should work :slight_smile:

I don’t want to hack my vWii; that’s a point. lol

APIs exist, like Domino´s, and they can be used to order food externally

How else do you think WiiLink´s Demae worked then?

It is surprising how the original Demae Applet for the Wii U 's website, despite showing its age, still exist without need for looking into the Internet Archive Wayback Machine!

Plus, I just searched it up on Google, and the first thing I see? A Reddit topic discussing the obscure Demae-Can applet. It’s not hard for me!

Proof of concept

The actual app doesnt work, it requieres a new client, it also requieres patching it to new URLs, and it requieres an authentication server (Pretendo can do this)

I tried to revive it once, i have the client side knowledge to (as shown in TVii), its just im from Peru, and Dominos API was region locked, so i couldnt test it

1 Like

Tbh I would love to order pizza from a Wii U.

Jemma gave a shot to the app.

Tho i personally would make a new client, so i could integrate in a fun way Miiverse, or Mii support.

Imagine, being able to share your order on Miiverse, and being able to see others orders and selecting one, and ACTUALLY ordering it

that be funny… and POSSIBLE!

I really like the idea of Demae Wii U, the idea of making a new client for it with some interactivity, i have the software used (NWF), its just, as i said before, im not from US or Canada so i dont have access to Dominos API.

Tho, i wonder if i could just set up a VPS to request like if i was from US/Can…

4 Likes

We really need a Food Community in Juxt.

2 Likes

This is an immensely interesting conversation topic. I only managed to find the original Damae Channel for Wii, not Wii U, as this specific Wii U app is quite irrelevant, nobody gave it much attention, anywhere you could possibly find the app? Google’s targeted results make it inefficient to find for me… As well as other search engines failing to find this, could I get the eShop link?

1 Like

Its on OPs first post.

Also, the app itself IS archived, on archive.org.

But it wont work because the auth server is dead, and even if its brought back, its been long enough and the demaecan site its probably too modern for the NWF browser.

Yes, because this app used NWF and just redirected to the main demaecan website, with the difference that it sent the Wii U user agent, which to my knowledge served the Wii U version of demaecan.

2 Likes

The whole point of bringing this thing back would be to reverse-engineer it so that it doesn’t just use Damae-Can, Just like on the Wii revival, it worked with other regions, not just Japan because it could go to Just Eat (UK & Ireland), so that could also be bypassed. (Maybe with a plugin?) Correction: UK and ROI use deliveroo for the Damae channel.