It would be very cool if Pretendo revived the extremely obscure version of Damae Channel for Wii U

I believe it’s known as GrubHub abroad, I think we have access to Deliveroo in the Wii Food Channel app?

Yeah, I thought that was successed by just eat though, as said on WiiLink’s website.
(They didn’t make it clear if deliveroo is even supported anymore.)

2 Likes

Reverse engineer? Its literally just a web client

it just requieres a code snippet to authenticate, and then its functional (once the whitelist gets changed and the HTMLs too)

literally a web client app, that can be reworked into more, thanks to NWF and its APIs features

3 Likes

Deliveroo support for the WiiLink Demae Channel got discontinued IIRC.

1 Like

If I recall correctly, the Demae app was just a stripped-down web browser (like the Miiverse applet). So would it be possible to try and redirect the app to the Pizza Hut site or something?
Take this with a grain of salt.:salt:

1 Like

it wasnt a stripped down web browser

it was a Nintendo Web Framework app

by default it has plenty of APIs that allow stuff like miiverse support, camera, buttons, amiibo, Miis, microphone, more advanced stuff, NEX

same framework where Wii Street U/Tipping Stars was made

but Demae doesnt have any of these plugins and it just comes with the basic stuff.

also, the default SSL certs on NWF are outdated, so they would have to be replaced with more modern ones

I am also very sure the modern sites dont load correctly on NWF since its an old framework, and it might cause issues if it uses very modern or unsupported JavaScript properties

AND EVEN THEN, you need to execute a javascript snippet to request the service token and allow to connect to the whitelisted domains

Basically, its just kinda complicated and hard to make it “just” redirect to a food website, and its more likey that the food website will request from other CDNs that arent whitelist and etc… its just complicated

The best approach is to just do a web client that handles all of this on a single domain, with its own UI, specially designed for the Wii U GamePad/TV screen, which is something i did get working.

This is the current state of (my) Demae-can revival.
Seems really early, since i only worked on it for 2 days before working on TVii.

It does (as you might guess) have code that sets the top screen to the GamePad and the bottom screen to the TV. and with the JavaScript it communicates with both screens.

The TV screen works as a companion and most of the actions are done in the GamePad (this is what i intended)

I wanted to make my own spin, with a new UI inspired by the Wii Demae-can, implement new features, make it work, usable, fast, etc.

Here is a source code snippet, i made it request a service token, since its literally needed to get the app connected to internet or it just wont work.

It was client side, but then i noticed it would be better if it was a server side page.

TIL: Demae is made with NWF, which is way more than “just a stripped down web browser”, and you cant make it redirect to modern sites without some fuckery with the HTMLs the app initally loads, and yeah its just not feasible and its a better idea to make a dedicated web app for the app to load instead.

I do see a lot of interest in Demae, i might work with it along with TVii, but i know Jemma wanted to experiment with it, thats good, but yeah im making my own client in here…

I cant even release it or authenticate users yet, i cant really use Pretendo now, and Pretendos 3rd party authentication service hasnt released yet or its open for me to submit both of my projects.

3 Likes

Nice! I like the Wii Demae Channel theme.