Error code 101-0502 when playing any online game

Not sure if this advice has already been shared but has your friend tried connecting their Wii U through a mobile hotspot? That might just work.

I can’t offer any advice to you right now if you’re not modded, you need to be modded to play online.

I’m using sky internet boardband connected sky box.
I have no problems with it at all.

I wasn’t sure if it’s doing with weather outside slowing the Wi-Fi down.

My sky router is all green at the moment.

I’ve spoken to my mum about it if it’s doing with weather cutting out of my Wi-Fi.

I didn’t expect they communication service are still running. I had wii u since 2018. I know lot of people don’t use wii because they always going on Nintendo Switch a lot. I’m actually using my iPod touch because it had data on there connected to my iPad right through my sky router. In my house lot of people using the internet that’s why.

My family saying can be do with Nintendo Wii u that don’t get a enough internet reception.

I’m playing my Nintendo Wii u in bedroom. My Wi-Fi is in the living room next to my sky box.

1 Like

It happen with my friend Tyler he was trying to talk to me on the friend list and playing Mario kart and splatoon. He using DNS settings on his router at the moment.

I can’t expect it being if your Sky connection is FTTP (fibre to the premises) but I think only OR FTTP is at around ~40% of the country right now? If it’s something like ADSL, then it could be possible for weather to affect it (I’m not going to pretend I know about whatever I’m saying is right).

I can’t imagine it’s anything to do with Sky anyways (be lucky that you weren’t on Sky/Plusnet ADSL years ago and Splatoon kept disconnecting constantly).

I will say that the Wii U’s WiFi hardware isn’t the best. It’s extremely underpowered compared to some consoles. Same with the Switch and 3DS.

Wii U is also forced onto the congested 2.4GHz channel since it doesn’t support 5GHz (even Switch 5GHz is patchy, I think it’s only the lower 5GHz block that works correctly on Switch).

It working now and is getting cut out the game

1 Like

Is it getting weird sounds on your wii u

I haven’t personally logged onto Pretendo before the NN shutdown on my Wii U, but you shouldn’t be getting any weird noises (can’t imagine that’s Pretendo related)

That is method for you guys to try I done this method when I set up my pretendo

Video tutorials should not be used, they can be outdated quickly as they are in this case.

Which one is the best to use

My laptop is broken right now I won’t be able to use it. Tyler is using same thing method as me one I show on YouTube.

Just don’t use a video tutorial, follow Pretendo’s official guide on their website. It contains up-to-date information on how to install (I say that as the website does not show that SSSL doesn’t currently work, going to file a GitHub bug report on your behalf regarding that) and it won’t miss a thing.

Regarding your DM to me, everyone using Pretendo has to have a modded Wii U at the moment until SSSL becomes available again. https://wiiu.hacks.guide is what you should use to install custom firmware to your Wii U.

My laptop is slowing down right now.

When I was online with my friends yeah they didn’t use wii u hacks. I think use when they watch video on YouTube using DNS settings.

They said to me Anton just leave it for now. I said my laptop is actually broken right now. I got my iPad Pro 11.

Listen guys international gamer said don’t use DNS because it is outdated. You can use wii u hacks website to get back online matches.

I think Mario Kart 8 is one of the only games that works on DNS since it doesn’t utilise BOSS, I think Super Mario Maker might too but that’s the only two games that work rn.

I stick with the DNS for Mario kart 8

I don’t take that risk with my wii u damage because I had it since 2018 I was about 21.

Oh does pokken tournament on my wii u supported dns???

Does Nintendoland works online game??? But I know Minecraft and monster Hunter 3 are not supported with this server

Nintendo Land doesn’t have any online functionality other than Miiverse which should work

Pokken Tournament probably requires you to be modded, I don’t know whether it’s supported yet but I think so

What happens if I turn on the wii u and go on splatoon does gives me a error code.