Splatoon 1 Not working

Hi
I got pretendo working today and made a new acc for it, I then transferred my 2015 data of Splatoon 1 to said new acc, I don’t know if there’s something I’m missing but it flat out doesn’t work, i even then tried the DNS thing but upon entering the Lobby and trying to connect I get error code 101-0502.
Does anyone know what to do?

This looks like a common issue server side with the servers being too busy/overloaded. I guess just try again later? If you want more info look here on the forums for that error code that you got.

1 Like

Quote from the Bandwith bot’s support code detector:

101-0502 (Wii U)
Wii U support code detected Information is WIP and may be missing/incorrect

Module Name:
FP

Module Description:
Friends

Error Name:
TRANSPORT_CONNECTION_FAILURE

Error Description:
Couldn’t connect to the Friends server.

Fix:
The Pretendo server is likely overloaded. Try again in half an hour.

Console dialog message

1. Missing message

this happened w/ me too. but the latest aroma update has issues w/ pretendo. I got online twice since then but we need pretendo or aroma staff to fix this so I recommend, u update pretendo, or aroma ASAP after it’s ready.

Pretendo is compatible with the latest aroma update now afaik, it’s just server overload from what I’ve seen

on a post from pretendo inkay has a fix for aroma compatability
(it wonk let me link it so just copy it and paste in ur search bar

I’m using inkay and I have the error 101 0502,and I play at a time where no one plays in,what’s the problem?

all you need to do is download this version of inkay and that should fix ur problem
(It worked for me)

Tried it, doesn’t work for my system. Man I’m totally stumped at what to do here… Splatoon works fine on emulator but real hardware always spits out a 101-0502.

Dns settings issue with your Wi-Fi connection

I had the same error. I fixed it by erasing and then creating a new Wi-Fi connection in internet setting. And if it still does not work, you can try to set manually DNS settings.

Could be your Wi-Fi is slow connection right now you might speak to someone about that.

Tried both, still no luck… hope OP has found something that works for them but I’m as stuck as ever.
(And I know for sure its not an internet speed issue lol.)

What are you using DNS methods