New Chat App Idea For Nintendo Consoles

Pretendo Chat is a simple, cross-platform chat app designed for Nintendo consoles like the Wii, 3DS, and Wii U, integrating with the Pretendo network. It offers features like public chat rooms, private 1 on 1 messaging, and game specific communities, making it easy for players to connect and interact. Users can join public rooms based on popular games or topics such as “Mario Chat” or “Pokémon Trades,” or engage in region-based communities to find local players. Game-specific communities allow players to discuss strategies, share in-game achievements, or organize multiplayer sessions. Players can also send direct messages to friends with the option to invite them to games like Mario Kart or Super Smash Bros. The app includes Nintendo-themed emojis and stickers, adding a fun touch to conversations, while notifications and quick reply options allow users to respond without leaving their current game. Integrated friend code linking and moderation tools help maintain a safe and easy-to-use platform, while parental controls provide added safety for younger users. Pretendo Chat is designed to keep communication fun, simple, and centered around the Nintendo gaming experience.

So, What Do You Think

This idea doesn’t feel very official.

Pretendo is a 13+ platform.

Also, Pretendo has a similar app already called Juxtaposition.

Yes, but people in the 13 to 18 year old age bracket needs protecting too. Various social media websites have protections enabled by default for under 18s.

2 Likes

Oh ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho—

Yeah, that’s not just “similar,” that’s exactly like Juxtaposition (with a few extra stuff :slightly_smiling_face:).

I am quoting things he said that are already in Juxt…

Here are thing that are not in Juxt, but could, in my personal judgement, be worthy of becoming a legit feature.

Also, welcome to the Pretendo Network Forums!

In the post above me, I didn’t mention potential Wii compatibility simply because Pretendo has/will never intend to support that system. Not all hope is lost, though; Wiimfii and WiiLink do support the Wii and are homebrew services just like Pretendo!

This is a hard pass for me, sorry, just none of that.