N3DSXL Offer: Scam or Deal?

I found a New Nintendo 3DS LL Metallic Black on Amazon.co.jp, also for a really good price
16.980¥(104,12€/113,86$/87,14£ as of 11.10.2024), but there are only generic pictures, which i thought meant it was a scam, but the usual red flags (afaik) are it not being fulfilled by Amazon and the reviewer having bad or no reviews and other scammy offers, which both dont apply. I dont want to pay that price for nothing, but i would be stupid to miss out on this, especially for I am looking for a 3DS right now.

I wouldn’t trust Amazon for consoles older than the Switch. Try eBay.

1 Like

The best deal im finding on Ebay right now is 150€ for an New Nintendo 3DS XL Metallic Black, which is still good of course, but not as good. Although 45€ less (or 25€ if you include Delivery fees) is too good to be true…
I had hopes, asked if it was good, got an answer.
Thank You

1 Like

Still, could i know the exact reason why Amazon isn’t good for Retro Consoles(i guess the 3ds is retro, oh god)?
I didn’t ever use Amazon for anything so this might be helpful in the future.

I once got Animal Crossing Wild World from there, and the game card was fake.

That’s a good point against Amazon, but the exact same thing could happen on Ebay. Also, as stated in the original post, the seller has positive reviews. To be exact 93% Positive reviews in the last 12 Months with 188 ratings total.

What happens when you look at listings that ship from Japan?

Not sure if it is worth looking at, but there’s also services that allow you to order from places such as Yahoo Auctions (love how we can’t even access any Yahoo Japan sites in Europe), it might work out cheaper than just being a European console.

You would have to region change it though.

1 Like
  1. The listings on Ebay right now for a N3DSLL from Japan start at 177,70€, which is more than the N3DSXL (150€).
  2. I don’t want to bother with the workaround for Yahoo auctions, and i would much prefer buy-it-now anyway. It would only be the Last resort for me to use auctions, as im probably too inexperienced to do it. Though If you have any Tips on auctioning, i would read them.
  3. The region change is something i informed myself much about, as the mentioned amazon offer is from Japan, and i would be willing to do it.
2 Likes

Have you tried looking at Vinted by the way? @piplupness seems to be posting a lot of good deals from there when people compare the US and Europe video game market and it’s worth having a look.

I can just say just don’t go over 200 for one New 3DS XL at this point

150€ is not that bad nowadays

2 Likes

I just searched for vinted, then New 3DS XL, and boom 2nd result N3DSXL for 37,45€, although i would like some tips for buying on Vinted, if it’s different from Ebay.

I think you should try cex, I got my New 3DS XL there, they have refurbished ones, but are quite expensive, I got mine for ~£200, but I gotta say it was worth it, so if you really don’t trust it, go there. By the way, I live near an open cex store but also got mine delivered so I’m pretty sure it depends whether you live near an open store but idk

I find CeX overpriced often to be honest. I have gotten the occasional deal from it, like I bought Wii Play Motion and Game Party Champions from there but it’s better looking at eBay honestly.

I haven’t used it personally, but I believe it is slightly different to eBay. You usually pay a small buyers protection fee instead of taking a certain percentage from the money off the seller (like eBay does iirc).

1 Like

I mean, when the Article is 60€, and the Protection fee 3,70€, I will willingly pay those 3,70€.

1 Like

I just mean if you want a refurbished console then CeX is the place to go. But I will admit it is expensive.