Heads up: Minecraft 2 player bug being resolved shortly

Just want to put a heads up about the Minecraft 2 player bug.

As you may know, this issue has gone on for a while and soon it should be resolved. It’s currently in testing but we can expect to see the 2 player bug fixed for everyone soon.

I’ll respond to this thread when it’s fixed, but if you’re interested in becoming a beta tester, you can find information here: Donation Subscription FAQ

1 Like

Looks like it’ll be rolled out very soon!

In that case, it's on the tester servers and will be pushed to the public hopefully within the next week so long as nothing goes horribly wrong

2 Likes

This should now be fixed, @PN_quarky issued this statement earlier.

word on the street is that a new minecraft build has been deployed onto the servers for you. we’ll make a proper announcement tomorrow but you can have a go early - public minigames remain disabled, but it should be possible to have as many friends as you’d like in your lobby now. let us know how you go! it’s quite new and might be a little unstable so bear with it if you can’t get things working.

1 Like

Another announcement has been issued. Expect to see this in Announcements in a few hours (I can’t do so myself).

:pick: Minecraft: Wii U Edition updates

Minecraft: Wii U edition’s server has been updated! Lots of under-the-hood fixes, but the headline is that you are no longer limited to 2 players in your minigames and worlds! With this update you can join as many friends as you’d like (still friends only for the time being) and play.

We’ve received reports that 118- errors are prevalent, so there’s work to be done - these are p2p errors; unfortunately the game’s ancient netcode doesn’t seem to handle the modern internet too well - and we’re researching solutions to this, but you should still see a big improvement!

1 Like