Can I use this mod publicly?

This mod was put together with several other mods, I will link their sources as I explain.

Awhile back I used these mods to create my own rival octoling mod that forces the hair to stay red and the swim form to stay purple (including kraken) via alb and tcl texture changes. However, these retextures don’t affect the actual ink color.

This uses the player pack from this mod -

As for the kraken retextures, It uses the weapon pack from this mod -Playable Agent 8/Octolings [Splatoon] [Mods]

It is also worth mentioning that this mod includes a sound pack edit that replaces the inkling girl voice with the rival voice -
(OG mod by ZeraABXY, can’t post more than 2 links)

I also edited the headgear in story mode to be invisible, this effects the playable headgear in the hero set

I created custom eye textures that fixes the lack of under eye markings when the octoling squints,
I was also curious if the hidden gear static pack was allowed publicly?

I’m planning on modding my Wii U this weekend and wanted to confirm if this would get me banned or not, I know that custom ink color mods aren’t allowed and I’m concerned if someone mistakes this for one.

(If possible, I would REALLY appreciate if someone could show this post to anyone on the pretendo team)

I have posted ALOT of footage of this mod being used in cemu, I will link my socials below if anyone is interested in checking it out :ok_hand:

Twitter - TurdTurd99
TikTok - www.sprite_cranberry.com
Instagram - spr1te_cranb3rry

If you’ve read to the very end, thank you for listening to my yapping :heart_hands:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure cosmetic mods are allowed online, as they don’t grant the player an advantage over others.

5 Likes

Yeah, pretty sure that’s perfectly fine. It’s not ruining the experience for anyone.

I feel like I removed some details from the FAQ now that I should have kept, since I used the version from the website but it doesn’t explicitly make clear that client-sided mods that don’t affect the gameplay/experience of other users are allowed.

5 Likes

I believe @Syro77 questioned this a while back as well.

1 Like

Yes i had lol every mod that just changes the look of the game is safe except of custom maps that dosent

1 Like