Would connecting to my Pretendo-docker instance on 3DS wipe my official servers friend list?

I am trying to set up a Pretendo-docker instance, and I got it all working on web browser. Howhever, I am trying to connect my 3DS to the server, and from what i can understand from this part of the guide

that it would generate a new friend code for the official Pretendo Network servers. Wouldn’t this wipe my official servers friend list, or am i misinterpreting it?

1 Like

This doesn’t generate a new friend code on the official server because, at this point in the guide, you are connected to your self-hosted server via the proxy server. The official server still has the exact same data saved from before you started setting this up.

This step does delete your locally-saved friend code and friends list. However, the GM9 script is used to create a backup of the data before it gets deleted, and you can restore this backup with the script to get your friend list back when you connect to the official server. It basically works like save slots in Checkpoint.

Using the wrong save slot to connect to a server will quickly error out, so you don’t need to worry about accidentally doing that.

Many thanks for the quick reply. I will continue following the 3DS guide.